In order to provide serve the needs of our customer, process transactions in their account(s) and fulfill legal and regulatory requirements, LifeSci collects certain information, including but not limited to the following:
- Information provided to us, our affiliates, or our investment advisor representatives by our customers (such as on account applications and related forms, in discussions with our employees and advisor representatives, or through our website).
- Information gathered from our internal files regarding the customer’s transaction history with us (such as products or services purchased, account balances, trading history, and payment history), as well as that provided by information service companies and consumer reporting agencies (such as transactions or credit relationships with unaffiliated third parties).
- Information provided by other unaffiliated third parties, including employers, associations, retirement plan benefit sponsors, and other institutions, if the customer transfers positions or funds to us.
This information may include “nonpublic, personal information,” which means information that is not readily known or accessible in the public realm, such as the customer’s social security number, birth date, net worth, assets, income, and medical information (if applying for insurance), as well as the fact that a customer has an account with us. We (or our service providers acting on our behalf) may collect personal information about your use of this website. This information may include information that may identify you as well as statistical information that does not identify you. In addition, web log information is automatically gathered every time you visit the website. It gathers nonpersonal identifying information such as Internet browser type, IP address, date and time stamps associated with transactions, and the pages you visited (see the use of “cookies” below).
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Pursuant to federal law, we may not disclose a customer’s nonpublic personal information without his/her prior consent, unless the disclosure is needed to:
- provide the services requested by the customer, including:
- clearing, transferring, confirming, or reconciling transactions in the customer’s account(s); and
- providing statements or other records regarding the status or value of the customer’s account(s);
- provide the customer with marketing materials regarding our products and/or services, as well as those offered pursuant to joint agreements with our affiliates or non-affiliated third parties, so long as all parties offering the products and/or services have agreed, in writing, to protect the confidentiality of the customer’s information and to not use it for any other purpose;
- enforce any of our rights, including the collection of any fees or other payments due;
- provide any of LifeSci’s affiliates with information regarding our operations, or as reasonably required pursuant to the proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or exchange of all, or a portion of, our business;
- comply with the request or requirements of regulatory and/or law enforcement organizations;
- respond to a subpoena or discovery request; or
- provide disclosures as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We may provide such information to LifeSci’s affiliates and/or unaffiliated financial or non- financial services providers (such as insurance companies, mutual fund companies, banks, investment firms, third-party administrators, clearing firms, and other third parties who assist us in providing account maintenance or customer service) as necessary pursuant to the exceptions listed above. We do not sell, share, or disclose your nonpublic personal information to unaffiliated third-party marketing companies.
Customers may request that we not disclose their nonpublic, personal information for any reason – other than one of the exceptions listed above. To request that we not disclose your information for this or any purpose (other than those covered under the exceptions listed under “Use and Disclosure of Information,” above), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we do not receive such a request from you within thirty (30) days of you opening an account, contracting for services, or receiving our annual privacy notice, we have the right to assume you do not object to the disclosure of your information for any reason permitted by federal law until you notify us to the contrary. (Please note that the laws of certain states may impose additional restrictions upon the disclosure of customers’ confidential information.)
SAFEGUARDS TO PROTECT PRIVACY
LifeSci takes precautions to protect the information of its consumers. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in an effort to secure your nonpublic personal information. Only those employees and agents who need to know that information to provide services to you are granted access to personal information. Although LifeSci measures conform to those of the industry, LifeSci makes no claim or warranty as to the security or impenetrability of LifeSci’s system under unusual circumstances or its resilience to future sophisticated attacks.
PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THIRD PARTIES